It is my opportunity to share to you how I've overcome it. But first, I would like to share to you the things that caused me depression.
The first reason that cause me depression is that, I lost my self-worth (self-pity). Second is discouragement and disappointment and the third one is that I felt "unloved". Maybe in your case, there are other reasons why you undergo depression. You know already your current situation, all I want to share here is how to overcome it.
The first thing I did is:
1. Stop thinking about it. But sometimes we cannot avoid it.(this method is quite impossible because the devil wants to lie a lot of things to you and they are whispering many lies to us).
2. Think about good things that God has given to us. Since one of the cause of depression is self-pity and disappointments, sometimes it is more magnified than God. (so it took me hard time to do it)
3. Seek people to talk to. In my case the fist person I've talked is not interested in my struggles so I just end up into a mess. But then, God sent someone whom who can feel my hurts and struggles. We talked about my situation and I was encouraged.
4. Pray! (Sometimes it's hard to pray when you hardened your heart to God). In my case, I could hardly seek God because of my rebellious heart but by the grace of God, He sent me someone whom who will pray for me. One of my churchmate prayed for me and I was released. The spirit of depression leave me.
5. Listen to an inspirational music! In my case I listen to Christian music. Feel the words and the message that is telling you. Then you will be relieved.
6. Read the Bible!
7. Talk to God. Repent of your sins and allow Jesus Christ to filled your heart again with joy, peace and let His love overflow in your whole being.
8. Lastly, go out and spend time encouraging people. Because in that way you will be encouraged!
Life is so beautiful. Be encouraged and don't allow depression to ruin your life and destiny. You are born with a great purpose. Just allow God to love you and allow Him to heal your scars. Always remember that you are fearfully and wonderfully made by God.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. -Psalm 139:14
God bless always.